Matzo Ball Soup with Spring Vegetables
- 2 Tbs canola or sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 Cup matzo meal
- 2 Tbs chicken broth or water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried dill (or 1 Tb chopped fresh) (optional)
- 1 Tb chopped chives (optional)
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 2-4 cups chopped spring vegetables: baby bok choi, baby kale, arugula, spinach, asparagus, etc
For Matzo Balls:
Combine eggs, oil, and broth/water. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Chill for 15 minutes minimum.
In the meantime, bring 2 quarts chicken broth to a simmer and add carrots and vegetables. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Bring pot to a boil and bring matzo ball mixture out of the refrigerator. Form matzo balls 1 inch in diameter and drop into the pot. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
Salt and pepper to taste