Roasted Beet and Garlic Pasta
- 1 pound whole grain spaghetti
- 1 1/2 pounds red beets, trimmed and scrubbed
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- freshly ground salt
- red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup ricotta
- Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Drizzle beets with olive oil and wrap beets and garlic cloves tightly in foil. Roast until very tender, approximately 1 hour. After removing from oven, remove foil and let cool slightly. Carefully peel beets and coarsely chop.
- In a food processor, combine roasted beets, garlic, remaining olive oil, walnuts, and tomatoes. Pulse until smooth and creamy, adding reserved pasta water as needed. Season with salt to taste.
- Toss pasta and beet mixture until well combined. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve with a scoop of ricotta on the side.