Herbed Corn and Edamame Succotash
- 2 cups edamame pods
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook edamame in a large saucepan of lightly salted water until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and when cool enough to touch, pop the bean out fo the pods. Put the beans aside and compost the pods.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables start to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in corn, wine (or water) and the edamame; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in vinegar, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
from Eating Well, Sept. 2004