Favorite Chicken Salad
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken. We slow-cook one regularly in a crockpot or oven for just this purpose and for tacos too. Cook until it falls apart, let cool, pull from the bones, and chop.
- 2 scallions, chopped finely
- 2 ribs of farm celery, chopped finely
- 2-3 Tbs chopped fresh herbs (I like parsley, dill, cilantro, rosemary, tarragon…)
- Mayonnaise, about 1/2 cup
- Dijon mustard, about 2 Tbs
- Olive oil, 1 Tb
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Combine chopped chicken, scallions, celery, herbs, cranberries and walnuts in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add dressing mixture slowly and stir, stopping when the chicken salad reaches your desired level. I like just enough to hold everything together. Enjoy!
Blue Moon recipe