Curry Chicken with Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon red curry powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 packed cups cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Sprinkle chicken with curry powder, season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low. Add chicken and cook until golden and opaque throughout, 30 to 35 minutes, turning once.
- In a blender, combine 1 tablespoon oil, cilantro, ginger, lime juice, vinegar, sugar, and 3 tablespoons water. Puree until smooth; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat remaining teaspoon oil over medium. Add shallot and turmeric; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallot begins to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook just until rice is tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork just before serving. Serve rice topped with chicken and drizzled with sauce.