- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup quinoa (white, black, red or multicolored)
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- spinach ( can substitute kale or arugula)
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- First, add 2 cups water to the quinoa and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 mins, until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it sit covered for 5 mins. Season with orange zest to taste.
- Cube the squash in 1/2 inch chunks, slice the red onion and garlic. Mix them together with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast them on a sheet pan at 350F for about 30 mins until fully cooked.
- Chop the spinach ( a small bunch) and toss it with the roasted veggies, quinoa, nuts and cranberries.